top of page

School Admissions


The Local Authority oversee all admission arrangements for our school including admission arrangements for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).  All information can be found using the links at the bottom of this page.

We are committed to meeting the needs of all children including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. We would ask parents to discuss the identified needs with the school prior to starting so that appropriate intervention and support can be planned and implemented. Advice from the LA or other agencies may be requested to ensure any the school can meet any needs appropriately.

Applying for a school place if your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan or a Statement of SEN

Children and young people with an Education, Health and Care Plan (or Statement of Special Education Needs) follow a different admission and transfer process for a new school. 


Please continue to complete Durham County Council’s parental preference form, as part of the admission process to a new school.  You continue to have a right to request a particular school and this will be considered alongside the information that we have about your child’s special educational needs. The information would have been provided as part of the Education, Health and Care assessment or following the review meeting.

If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.

Early Years Foundation Stage Entry

All new Reception children are admitted annually into school in September. Transition arrangements being in July each year with children having the opportunity to spend time in their new classroom with peers and staff; as well as to stay for a school lunch. Staff will focus transition work on settling children into their new environment and giving children the opportunity to get to know their class group in advance of the start of the academic year. Information on this year’s transition arrangements will be provided to parents in July.

Children will be allocated a key worker on entry to school. The key worker is responsible for monitoring children’s progress in learning and their social and emotional development.

Transfer to Secondary Schools

Admissions to Secondary schools are managed centrally by Durham County Council. A child transfers to Secondary school in September following his/her 11th birthday.

There are regular meetings between Headteachers and teachers to discuss transition arrangements for our children. Children are also given the opportunity to spend time and participate in exciting projects run by our local Secondary schools throughout the year.


Admission Links

Visit the Durham County Council website for information regarding the school admission process and primary school admissions.

To appeal against an admission decision visit: School admissions-appeals.

If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.

School Choice Advice Service is an independent service which helps and supports families to make an informed and realistic choice of school.

If you would like a paper copy of any the items on this website, we will be happy to provide this for you free of charge. If you require further information please contact the school and we will do our best to help.

bottom of page